Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Thing Two: Photo Fun

I searched Pixabay, and my first search came up empty. I initially searched for "Ruby Bridges", which resulted in no results. I broadened my search to "Civil Rights" and I received more results. I chose this one, because it was bright and the message was clear. I like the idea that Pixabay results in images that are royalty free and licensed for reuse. My students tend to gravitate toward Google for image searches, so I have taught them how to set search parameters to narrow results to include images that are licenses for reuse. However, I get nervous about inappropriate images appearing in search results. I think I'll start to introduce Pixabay- especially since we have PSA project coming up and we'll need images for that. 


1 comment:

  1. That's a terrific image! I love pixabay, so easy and no worries about copyright. Did you get a chance to use it with your students? How did they like it?

    ReplyDelete