Monday, May 30, 2016

Final Reflection

I wish that I had more time to devote to this program! When I initially signed up, I envisioned working on the "Things" during my lunch period, since I have a toddler at home which makes working pretty difficult. Unfortunately, since Cool Tools is hosted on a Word Press blog, my district's web filter blocks it. I was able to use my cell phone to read through some of the tasks over my pb & j sandwiches, and I spent a couple of late nights and afternoon naptimes working on the "Things" included in Track One. Despite the disappointment in my own time management skills, I can honestly say that I was introduced to some pretty cool tools (forgive the pun) through this program. I approached these assignments by looking for immediate ways I could apply the tools in my work, and for the most part, I was able to find tools that worked/would work for my students and I. I'm glad that I signed up, and I hope that in the future, I will be able to access the "things" when I have more time- I'd love to look at some of the tools included in the other tracks. I did peruse some already, I just didn't write blog posts about them. This is a great project- I would love it if my district adopted it for our staff development sessions, since the library department has such different needs from others. Thanks for the opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to have you participate this year. But sorry that you weren't able to access the site at school. That certainly made it difficult for you. Nevertheless, you did a great job! I'm hoping to move the workshop to my own webserver next year, so maybe that will help, hope your region participates again! And yes, the content will still be available on the wordpress.com site from this year.

    ReplyDelete