Monday, May 30, 2016

Thing Four: Digital Storytelling

I've been looking for a way to create a "school story" for parents to view at Back to School Night this Fall.  My principal actually approached me and asked if I could create a video to be shown- this assignment was perfect! I played around with Adobe Spark, which I had never heard of, and fell in love with it. It's very easy to use, and I was quickly able to figure out how to add slides, photos and text. I even added to MP3 of the song I've chosen for back to school night.  While this isn't the "real" video, it enabled me to practice what I will eventually be creating for this fall.  I would definitely pre-pick photos and change the file names to make it easier to find the picture I'm looking for. This is a great tool for students as well- I'll have to check if it works on the ipads/if it's blocked on my school's network.  Unfortunately, our web filter is pretty tough- even the Cool Tools site is blocked!

1 comment:

  1. Terrific. So glad that Spark was the right too at the right time. (frustrating about things being blocked!)

    ReplyDelete